ASAPM Server Breakdown
Daniel R. Rhodes
2011-08-26 02:00:26 UTC
Tap, tap, tap

Is this thing on?

On Thursday, August 18, 2011 at about 12:41 CDT (-0500), the server
handling ASAPM had a hardware failure. It appears that the provider has
fixed the problem and things should be back to normal shortly. We don't
have a reasonable way to post a message to ASAPM when the server is
down. If ASAPM picks back up, we'll look at ways to overcome this
inability to post during a problem. But in the eight years of
operation, this is the only major blackout I can recall.

Please be aware that there could some hiccups for a short while, but we
can hope there won't be any.

The ASAPM Moderators are sorry for the problems.

Thanks, The ASAPM Moderation Team
--
========== Please DELETE this text block when replying! ==========
Contact the moderators at: asapm-***@stump.algebra.com
========= This notice is added to each approved article ==========
Mary
2011-08-26 06:12:43 UTC
Post by Daniel R. Rhodes
Tap, tap, tap
Is this thing on?
On Thursday, August 18, 2011 at about 12:41 CDT (-0500), the server
handling ASAPM had a hardware failure. It appears that the provider has
fixed the problem and things should be back to normal shortly. We don't
have a reasonable way to post a message to ASAPM when the server is
down. If ASAPM picks back up, we'll look at ways to overcome this
inability to post during a problem. But in the eight years of
operation, this is the only major blackout I can recall.
Please be aware that there could some hiccups for a short while, but we
can hope there won't be any.
The ASAPM Moderators are sorry for the problems.
Thanks, The ASAPM Moderation Team
Thank you for the notification Daniel.

Mary
diana