Live Chat for Anxiety and Panic 2011/06/28
Daniel R. Rhodes
2011-06-28 23:50:46 UTC
#anx/pan is a place where you can talk with others in real time about
anxiety and panic. We meet on Starchat every night at around 7pm us
Eastern time.

Look at our website for details

http://www.drrhodes.org/anxpan/index.html

Even previous members of #anx/pan might want to read the new site. Most
of the stuff is similar but there have been a few minor changes.

AOL users must follow extra instructions that can found on the above
site.

Note that we have had to ban some ISPs to keep anx/pan safe. If you get
banned and feel that you shouldn't be, contact me at ***@drrhodes.org

tnx, drr
--
The second nicest guy on the internet
For a copy of the ASAPM FAQs please e-mail me at
========= This notice is added to each approved article ==========
babs63ca
2011-07-05 22:08:31 UTC
Daniel:

Do I just go to the StarChat site and look for your group and when I find it set up a password and just start chatting or do I have to use a different service?

Thanks for answering.

Barbara Girdlestone
Daniel R. Rhodes
2011-07-05 23:09:29 UTC
Post by babs63ca
Do I just go to the StarChat site and look for your group and when I find it set up a password and just start chatting or do I have to use a different service?
Thanks for answering.
Barbara Girdlestone
Hi Barbara Girdlestone,

This is a copy of my reply to you in e-mail, but I thought it could be
of benefit to others.

What you are describing sounds like a "web forum" and anx/pan isn't a
"web forum" but is an IRC chat group. One normally uses an "IRC client"
to chat on IRC, but there are web interfaces available so one can use
their web browser to chat on IRC.

That being said, one of the easiest ways to try out anx/pan is to use
the following URL:

http://www.starchat.net/chat/index.php?chan=anx/pan

If this is your first use of this Java client, you will need to accept a
certificate. I accept it whenever I test this page, so I consider it
safe.

You may type in a user name in the "Nick" field, otherwise you will be
called "Guestxyz". Nothing else needs to be changed unless you have
already registered your "Nick". If you have registered a "Nick" with
the starchat.net network, then type that into the "Nick" field and your
password into the "Registered Nick Password" field. You will then be
connected to anx/pan.

If you haven't noted the channel schedule then please do so at:

http://www.drrhodes.org/anxpan/ap_schedule.html

You'll probably be asked if you have read the channel guidelines. They
can be found here:

http://www.drrhodes.org/anxpan/ap_guide.html

I hope you will find anx/pan a helpful place to be.

Thanks,

Daniel R. Rhodes