Very bad news today. :-(( OT?
Diane
2013-01-18 00:30:34 UTC
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to tell you that Don and I got some very upsetting news this
afternoon from Don's sister. Apparently, her husband has been diagnosed
with a tumor on one of his lungs. Tomorrow, he will be getting a Gamma Scan
to see if the tumor has spread. We are still in shock and it's been a few
hours now. I was crying on and off for awhile. :-( I really adore this
man! And I feel like I am losing a brother, not a brother-in-law. This
also reminds me of my Aunt Evelyn who passed away 16 years ago from lung
cancer at the age of 63. :-( I know it happened all those years ago, but I
have never stopped loving her or thinking about her. Now the hurt,
depression, and tears have come back. I will keep you all updated as we
find things out. Please, I just ask for any prayers, if you pray, or good
vibes, good thoughts, some support, etc. Thank you all for being here for
us!

Love,

Diane & Don
xxxooo
--
========== Please DELETE this text block when replying! ==========
Contact the moderators at: asapm-***@stump.algebra.com
========= This notice is added to each approved article ==========
Snit
2013-01-18 01:47:26 UTC
Post by Diane
[...]
Very, very sorry to hear this. I wish the best for your brother in law. Keep
us up to date on what you find out.
--
🙈🙉🙊
Diane
2013-01-18 20:38:25 UTC
Post by Snit
Post by Diane
[...]
Oh, thank you so very much Snit! :-( I am still very sad and upset this
morning, but I will be alright later on. You keep well and I will update
you as things progress.

Hugs,

Diane
Sheldon
2013-01-19 01:08:38 UTC
Post by Diane
[...]
So sorry to hear this and you have my prayers. The good news is that each
year they have new treatments and ways to make cancer patients more
comfortable. One of my best friends had brain cancer, surgery, and just
keeps on going like the Energizer Bunny. I saw him a few days ago and he
looks great. He has to keep getting checked, but it's been years now.
Diane
2013-01-19 20:10:37 UTC
Post by Sheldon
Post by Diane
[...]
Thank you sooooooo much Sheldon! I really needed to hear that. Your friend
is very, very fortunate and I'm so glad to hear that he's still going and
going. :-) Thank you again!

Hugs,

Diane
Snit
2013-01-20 00:05:40 UTC
Post by Diane
Post by Sheldon
Post by Diane
[...]
I have a friend who had childhood leukemia. Now they have great treatments
which are amazingly effective, but 40+ years ago when she had it the
treatments were far harder to take and far more damaging to the body. She
recently found out she had a malignant tumor on the base of her spinal
column (up against her brain) - almost surely an affect of the treatments
from when she was a child.

They were not sure if it was even operable - or if it was if they would be
able to get it all. She had a great attitude - medical science had given her
an extra 40 years of life and if this was it so be it... not what she wanted
but she was thankful for the time she had. She had the operation a few days
ago - they believe they got *all* of the tumor, though to do so there was
some risk to motor function but she had told them before hand that was her
preference. She is now back home - with *no* motor function problems she can
find. There is still risk and, I believe, there are meds she needs to take
to help take care of whatever few "bad" cells have been left behind... but
there is good hope she will have a full and complete recovery.

Modern science is amazing. No, not every story has such a happy ending - and
she will not know for certain if her current issues are completely
controlled for some time. But all seems good. There is no reason to give up
hope for your brother-in-law or see this as a death sentence. It is scary
and not what anyone would wish for - no doubt - but most cancers today can
be treated in at least a pretty decent percentage of cases.

I wish the best for you and your brother-in-law.
--
"Maybe it wouldn't be quite as good, but we would all be okay."
- Richard Stallman, speaking about if his ideas were followed
Diane
2013-01-20 14:30:25 UTC
Post by Snit
Post by Diane
Post by Sheldon
Post by Diane
[...]
Thank you so much Snit! This sorry was sad, but also uplifting for me,
truly amazing. I hope and pray that your friend has a full recovery. She
has been through sooooo much. :-( No, we won't give up on our BIL. He's
too precious to us! Thank you again for thinking of us. I will keep you
updated.

Hugs,

Diane
Dennis
2013-01-19 05:35:59 UTC
Post by Diane
[...]
I'm so sorry to hear this, Diane. You are both in my prayers.

Love, Dennis
Diane
2013-01-19 20:01:04 UTC
Post by Dennis
Post by Diane
[...]
Thank you sooooooooo much Dennis! We really appreciate that so much.
:-( I am very sick today with a headache also. :-( You know what that's
like. How are you feeling?

Love,

Diane
Diana