On and Off topic
Tennessee Tony
2014-03-04 00:52:17 UTC
Hi hopefully someone will see this. Sorry it's so long but I had to
share this wonderful news with some old friends. In addition to
anxiety, I've been severely depressed since childhood. In the past year
or so I was having very severe depressive episodes. The other thing was
that I had lost my sex drive. Whenever that happened I'd "blame it on
the pills". It got to the point where I had ZERO sex drive (I used to
be the opposite.) I started seeing an Endocrinologist for low
testosterone, I forget the numbers but it was very low. Testosterone
shots didn't help my sex drive. It brought my T levels up but no drive,
and I mean nothing! Well I'm also diagnosed obese, diabetic, high blood
pressure, high cholesterol... My Dr. wanted me to try Phentermine, a
type of amphetamine to help me loose weight. I said NO! I already have
anxiety/panic I don't want a stimulant! Eventually as my weight kept
going up I caved in and gave the Phentermine a try.

My plan was to loose weight so that I could get off the Lovastatin for
cholesterol, and the two blood pressure meds also. The first day on it
I was surprised that it didn't make me more nervous, I did feel
"jittery" but it wasn't like anxiety at all. I can't really describe it.

After a few weeks I started loosing weight, I started going out of the
house more, and in 2 months I lost 10 lbs. Now at almost 3 months I'm
down 15 pounds. But the most wonderful thing is that my depression
lifted, even before I started loosing weight I started feeling better.
And in case you didn't see this coming... I got my sex drive back too!
It also has helped my ADD. I can concentrate better and I started to
remember things I never remembered before, like the names of actors.
Watching some older movies with my girlfriend I'd blurt out the name of
some actor from 30 years ago. I never used to remember things like
that, especially names. Without me saying anything to her about how I
was feeling better, my girlfriend said I seem to remember things better,
and she noted how I was going out more also and wasn't getting panic
attacks as often or as bad, (and of course she noticed something else too)!

I'm not saying this is a cure all for everyone, but if it helps just one
person out there it will be worth it.

Hope everyone is well,
Tono
--
========== Please DELETE this text block when replying! ==========
Contact the moderators at: asapm-***@stump.algebra.com
========= This notice is added to each approved article ==========
Philip Peters
2014-03-05 13:11:43 UTC
WOW, Tony, this is an amazing story and it makes me feel very happy for
you. What a relief this must be!
It's remarkable how off label use will sometimes work for someone (the
snag is that it can't be predicted) and you seem to have had very god
luck indeed. I hope the effect will stay and wish you lots of enjoyment
of various kinds :-)

Philip
Mary
2014-03-05 21:29:21 UTC
Post by Philip Peters
WOW, Tony, this is an amazing story and it makes me feel very happy for
you. What a relief this must be!
It's remarkable how off label use will sometimes work for someone (the
snag is that it can't be predicted) and you seem to have had very god luck
indeed. I hope the effect will stay and wish you lots of enjoyment of
various kinds :-)
Hi Philip - Nice to see that you look in here once in a while. Hope you are
doing well. I drop in here now and then to see if any of the old crowd
posts. I still have anxiety sometimes. strange how it comes and goes. I wish
it would just go and stay away forever. Sometimes I feel faint and somewhat
anxious physically mostly outside rather than in my house, but I don't feel
anxious mentally at the time. Very strange thing - very annoying too. I
don't have patience for this kind of thing :>) Hope to see you post again
sometime. :)

Mary
Post by Philip Peters
Philip
Post by Tennessee Tony
[...]
---
Tennessee Tony
2014-03-08 14:36:53 UTC
Hey Philip, nice to see you again. There is also another med I hope to
get off of after loosing more weight that I forgot to list, Metformin,
it's for Diabetes. I think I goofed up on the numbers, I've lost about
23 pounds to date! The other "diet aid" is taking a high fiber
supplement. Besides the little bit of fiber I get in my food I'm adding
about 25 grams of supplemental fiber a day. I think it swells up in
your stomach, it helps me feel full so I don't crave food as much, plus
it also is supposed to be good for "Diabetes management, Digestive
health, and healthy weight". The stuff tastes AWFUL but I got used to
taking it while mixing it with Meta-mucil to give it a little flavor.
The stuff I'm taking is "Konsyl" brand psyllium fiber. It's about 5
times more potent than "Meta-mucil" brand.
Mary
2014-03-05 21:28:28 UTC
Hi Tony, this is good news that you are doing well and much happier with
your life. I'm sure your girlfriend is happier
too -:<) Hope everything will go well for you and hope to see you posting
again sometime.

Mary
Tennessee Tony